Welcome To Holy Cross Pune
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Cross Chavanod is an Apostolic Religious institute which is international and of Pontifical Right. The Institute is present in sixteen countries and four continents.
We are engaged in the different ministries such as Education, Health, Social, Pastoral and Family apostolate. The goal of the Sisters of the Cross is to reveal to all, the merciful love of the Father and the liberating power of the Paschal Mystery. They give priority to the poor and the oppressed, especially women and youth.
The Province of Pune came into being on 17 June 1990, having been carved out from the Province of Amravati for a better and more fruitful mission in the service of God and humanity.
The vision-mission of our Foundress, Claudine Echernier: "To make the good God known and loved", beckons us to become agents of spreading the goodness of God, namely, God's compassion, love, justice, harmony, reconciliation
- Ensuring availability of human resources especially to facilitate optimal accomplishment of the vision and mission of the Congregation through its works
- Whenever required, facilitating effective networking between the various ministries carried out by the sisters through meetings, discussions, planning and evaluation sessions
- Providing adequate means to develop and enhance personal resources by organizing or recommending seminars, sessions, professional training and personality development; also spiritual growth through sessions and Retreats
- Promoting liaison between the Generalate, the other Provinces and the Communities Participating in important meetings and various fora at the levels of Church, Congregation, national and international bodies (Religious and secular)
- Updating and maintaining of various records of the Province
- Recording of the Minutes of meetings related to the functioning of the Province
- Maintenance of official correspondence between the Generalate and other Provincialates and the Provincialate of Pune, between the Provincial and other Religious & secular bodies and individuals
- Preparing and updating a diary of significant events of the Province
- Administration of the material goods of the Province
- Maintenance of the financial records & accounts of the Province
- Preparation of Reports of the financial status of the Province as well as of other material goods, e.g. properties, buildings
- The liaison person between the Provincial and the Auditors
- Monitoring of the various contributions received from within and outside the Province/ Congregation